ECE 590SIP is a research seminar. Every student registered for credit will be required to give or participate in at least one research presentation during the semester. There are at least two ways you can do so:
- Join one of the semester-long research projects designed during the first two weeks of the semester, and then participate in the presentation of that research project at the end of the semester.
- Present your own research some time during September, October, or the first half of November.
Regular Meeting Time and Place
Unless otherwise announced in the list below, meetings will be Mondays, 11:00-11:50, in 1015 ECEB. All meetings will be hybrid; you can attend in person, or on zoom (email for the URL).
Schedule, Fall 2022
- Monday, 8/22, 11:00
- Discuss, and nominate proposals for small-group research projects. Notes are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NoF8EaFs2_KZNeea3JotHjtgRiMBDoKaBam3oGeqtZY/edit.
- Monday, 8/29, 11:00
- Small-group discussions about project proposals
- Monday, 10/3, 11:00
- Proposal presentations. Hybrid.
- Monday, 10/10, 11:00
- Hung-Yi Lee, Recent Progress of Self-supervised Learning for Speech Processing. Online only. (slides here)
- Monday, 10/17, 11:00
- John Harvill, stutter detection and sense-specific NLG.
- Mahir Morshed, Cross-lingual articulatory feature information transfer for speech recognition
- Monday, 10/24, 11:00
- Juhitha Konduru, Package/Board level signal integrity analysis using Neural Networks
- Monday, 10/31, 11:00
- Mid-term presentations, group 1 Hybrid.
- Monday, 11/7, 11:00
- Mid-term presentations, group 2 Hybrid.
- Monday, 12/5, 11:00
- Project #1 Final Presentation. Hybrid.
- Monday, 12/12, 11:00
- Project #2 Final Presentation. Hybrid.