UI logo
CS 440/ECE 448
Fall 2021
Margaret Fleck

Open Mic

Open mic is an opportunity to meet other members of the class. It will be held Fridays at the class time (9-9:50am central time). It is entirely optional and we're not expecting everyone to show up every week.

The zoom link

The topic, typically including a set of news articles, will be posted on the Lectures page. Look for the "Open Mic" column in the schedule. It's intended as starting point for discussion, but you don't have to stick to it if your group finds other things to talk about.

You will be assigned randomly into a zoom room with about 10 other people. (The number depends on how many of you come and how many breakout rooms zoom will let me create.)

To enter the zoom room, you must be logged into zoom using your U. Illinois credentials.

If you have trouble getting into the zoom room, email the instructor. I'm going to start this with a 300-person limit, because that's easy to set up. But I can make alternate arrangements if necessary.

If you're not comfortable with the other folks in your breakout room, feel free to leave. If you pop up to the top level of zoom, I can put you into a different room, if you like.

It's up to you whether you turn on video, share contact information, and so forth. Do what you are comfortable doing.