In this homework, whenever you are asked to assess the evidence against a claim, you must:
- write the p-value in terms of a definite integral
- evaluate the p-value using software (Python or tool such as Wolfram Alpha)
- state whether or not you reject the claim
- (10 points) Textbook problem 6.10. Change the "10,000 samples" in the textbook to "2000 samples". Do only part (a) (c) and (d). For each bootstrapping process use 3000 replicates.
You need to plot the histogram of one bootstrap sample medians for both (a) and (c). Please Submit your Python code for this problem by pasting it in your pdf, not in a separate file. Notes on the description "Draw xxx samples of 100 records at random with replacement.": this means each sample is composed of distinct 100 records that are drawn randomly from the 4177 records without replacement, and the xxx samples are drawn independently from the original 4177 records repeatedly ("with replacement" in a sense). The same meaning is implied for (c).
- (10 points) Textbook problem 7.1
- (10 points) Textbook problem 7.2
- (10 points) Textbook problem 7.4
- (10 points) Textbook problem 7.8
- (Extra 2 points) Textbook problem 7.10, you should include the code and state what software you utilized for the calculation.