- (10 points) Textbook problem 6.2
- (10 points) Textbook problem 6.3. Ignore the term "maximum likelihood," which will be covered in Chapter 9.
- (10 points)
- Textbook problem 6.4
- Read textbook problem 6.5 but do not do it. Answer the following question. What distribution would you use instead of the normal distribution? State the name of the distribution and the number of degrees of freedom.
- (10 points) Textbook problem 6.6
- (10 points) Textbook problem 6.8
- (Extra 2 points) Prove that the standard deviation of a normal distribution that has parameters \( (\mu \ , \sigma) \) is \( \sigma \).