Physics 221
Enrichment Mechanics

Evangeline Wolanski

Homepage Notes Classwork Problem Sets Gradebook

Announcements

General Information

Course Description

Supplement to PHYS 211 with a collaborative group learning approach to improving conceptual understanding and problem solving in introductory calculus-based mechanics. Intended for underprepared students who have taken PHYS 100, but other at-risk students will be admitted also. This course is designed to provide extra practice for learning course concepts and functions as a pre-discussion to PHYS211's discussion section.

Instructor

Evangeline Wolanski → ew11@illinois.edu
Loomis 222 (if not, then one of the PHYS211 help rooms), Fridays 4:00 - 5:00 PM

Class Meeting

Loomis 222, Fridays from 12:00 - 1:50 (M1) or 2:00 - 3:50 (M2)

Syllabus

See here.

Policies

Course Grade Breakdown

Attendance (i.e., arriving on time) will be 10% of the total grade, participation is 20%, completing your practice assignments is worth 30%, and your problem sets are worth 40%, which will be graded for correctness.

Homework due dates 

Any practice assignments or problem sets that are not finished by the end of class are due the following Friday. If the in-class work is completed during class, please be sure to notify me before class ends to receive full credit! Late work will not be accepted.