ME 452 - Num Control of Mfg Processes
Last offered Spring 2023
Detailed Course Description
Numerical control systems, manufacturing processes, principles and practices basic to numerical control, and programming methodology for numerical control. 3 undergraduate hours. 3 or 4 graduate hours. Prerequisite: CS 101 and ME 270.
1. General introduction to Numerically Controlled (NC) machines
2. Programming of NC machines (Done predominantly in Lab)
3. Hardware in the NC Loop
4. Analysis and design of the NC Loop
5. Interpolators (Linear and Circular) in NC machines
6. Language, communication and HMI (Human-Machine Interface) services
7. Errors and error sources in NC machines
8. Trends and New Developments in NC
1. NC programming, verification and program execution
2. Introduction to IEC61499 function blocks and programming
3. Implementation of reference pulse and reference word linear and circular interpolators
4. Modeling and analysis of NC drive system components
5. Tuning and configuration of NC systems
6. Performance analysis of NC systems
ME: MechSE or technical elective.
EM: Possible secondary field, with approval.
|Num Control of Mfg Processes||AB1||52277||LAB||0||1200 - 1350||F||0023A Sidney Lu Mech Engr Bldg||Partha Protim Mondal|
|Num Control of Mfg Processes||AB2||52278||LAB||0||1400 - 1550||F||0023A Sidney Lu Mech Engr Bldg||Ricardo Toro Santamaria|
|Num Control of Mfg Processes||AL3||52259||LEC||3||1400 - 1450||M W||2051 Sidney Lu Mech Engr Bldg|| Placid Ferreira|
|Num Control of Mfg Processes||AL4||52276||LEC||4||1400 - 1450||M W||2051 Sidney Lu Mech Engr Bldg|| Placid Ferreira|