UI logo
CS 440/ECE 448
Fall 2022
Margaret Fleck

Welcome to CS 440/ECE 448, Fall 2022!

We'll be using a number of electronic tools this term. This website is the central location from which you can find all the other tools.

These pages are mostly ready, so feel free to explore. However, there may be last-minute tweaks.

What should I do right away?

Add yourself to this course on piazza (see link above). Fairly soon, I'll start using piazza for announcements rather than email.

Browse the web site and, in particular, read the syllabus. If you haven't used Python before, install it and start experimenting with it. See the MPs page (tab above) for details.

If you registered late (or are still trying to register), see the syllabus page (tab above) for how to get connected to our various electronic resources.

Registration

The CS academic office controls the course caps. I cannot override anyone into the class.

There are many seats being held back, which will be released on August 22nd. If you are not yet registered, please feel free to participate in class while watching for a seat to open. Be aware that we will not add students after Add Date (10th day of classes).

It is easy to switch from 4 hours down to 3 hours. It is often possible to switch from 3 hours to 4 hours, depending on how many 4-hour students I already have. (I won't know that until we release the held-back seats.)